Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Steamed Tofu top with Fried Egg & Fried Anchovies

As soon as I opened my fridge, I realized I have only eggs & tofu to cook for dinner. I love anything about steamed food. But I'm not going to have both steamed egg & steamed tofu. Will you? I also knew I need to have other ingredients for steamed egg but I don't have any. I remembered I have fried tofu in one of the restaurant in KL. It served with fried anchovies & fried shallots. That was truly delicious. So, I turned the flavour into more creative one. And the tofu actually soaked up the flavors of the sauce. I think I'm going to change my cooking method from now on.

Here are the ingredients:
Serve 2
1 pack of Chilled Bean Curd
1 fried egg

~ Garnishing
1/2 rice bowl of fried anchovies
1/2 rice bowl of fried shallots with oil
~Seasoning
2 tbsp of abalone sauce
1 tbsp of light soya sauce

How to cook:
1. Steam bean curd for 5 minutes, drain away excess water.
2.  Arrange egg on top of bean curd & pour the seasoning onto it.
3. Garnish with the fried anchovies & fried shallots with oil. Serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment