Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Siam Noodle Soup

It seems I’m going crazy lately. I can’t get enough! Searching recipes for the last couple of months in front of my laptop doesn't fulfill my desire on baking & cooking. Till I found a jar of Mee Siam Paste in our local supermarket lately. It was Superb when I tried this paste. Personally, this is the star of the soup. I loooove this paste. I used extra in this soup, about another tablespoon. It’s a very forgiving spice and not actually that hot at all, so feel free to add more or less to taste. And it's HALAL tho.

Here are the ingredients:
Serve 1
Seasoning (for soup)
3 tbsp of Woh Hup Mee Siam Paste
1 1/2 tsp of soya sauce
a dash of pepper
2 rice bowl of water

1 rice bowl of vermicelli (soaked) | * yellow noodle also can
few leafs of romaine (sliced) | *any of your favourite vegetable also can
few slices of tofu
1/2 of hard boiled egg
2 mushrooms (sliced)

(for garnishing)
1/2 of sliced shallots

How to cook:
1. Bring water to boil, put in all the seasonings under medium heat.
2. Put in vegetable & mushroom, till cooked.
3. Pour the soup into the vermicelli bowl, fill on top with tofu & hard boiled egg.
4. Garnish with shallots & serve.

Note: You may want to add some seafood, but make sure all cooked before pour into the bowl. Add extra spoonful of Mee Siam Paste if you love spicy.


No comments:

Post a Comment