Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Cinnamon Hot Chocolate



I found this recipe for White Hot Chocolate when I visited a book fair last year and I was waiting for a special occasion to try them. Today I decided that a Tuesday evening was occasion enough. I mostly wanted to make them because they’re so stinking pretty, but it turns out they’re delicious too. Lately I’ve been on a chocolate kick. The rich brown cinnamon stick pairs perfectly with the light almond essence flavour to quiet my hunger before going to bed. Try it yourself! Its delicious!

Here is the recipe:
Serve 1
1 cup of milk
2 cinnamon sticks
2 whole cloves
30gm plain dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
2 drops of almond essence

Here's how:
1. Heat the milk with the cinnamon & cloves in saucepan until almost boiling.
2. Stir in plain dark chocolate under low heat until the chocolate melted.
3. Strain into a blender, add almond essence and blend on high speed for 30 minutes until frothy.
* Alternative way, you may use hand electric mixer or wire whisk
4. Pour into a glass & serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment